The Tapepro Reducer Plates are designed to fit to Tapepro flat boxes to reduce the applied width of compound.
The RP-150 can be fitted to the T-150 (6″) Flat Box, reducing the applied width of compound to 75mm. This allows you to use the T-150 Flat Box as a nail or screw spotter with two widths.
The RP-200 Reducer Plate is designed to be fitted to a Tapepro 200mm (8″) Flat box, to reduce the finished width to 140mm (5.5″).
This is great for filling the recess after taping and provides a clean machine finish, feathered at the shoulder of the recess.
It works well in the following system:
- Tape in flat joints using a Mud Box
- Flatten tape with a joint knife (same speed as Mud Box)
- Fill and finish recess with Flat Box and Reducer Plate (same speed as Mud Box)
- When dry, coat with 200mm (8″) Flat Box
- When dry, finish with 300mm (12″) Flat Box
The other two reducer plates can be fitted to Tapepro 250mm flat boxes. The RP-2514 reduces the applied width to 140mm while the RP-2520 reduces from 250mm to 200mm.
So with one 250mm flat box and two reducer plates you can:
- fill the recess prior to hand taping (using RP-2514)
- fill and finish the recess after taping (using RP-2514)
- apply 200mm coat (using RP-2520)
- top coat 250mm (blade width 273mm)
The Reducer Plates fit under the edge of the skids, and are retained by spring pressure on the wheel axle.
Depending on compound consistency, try a blade tension setting of 4 or 5.
- LASER cut from durable stainless steel sheet metal
- Easy fitment to Tapepro Flat Boxes
- Not permanent – easily removed