NorthStar Automatic Taper combines precision and innovation with the highest quality and durability to bring you great results every time. With critical parts precisely machined with billet aluminium, the NorthStar Automatic Taper is designed for durability, superior strength and greatly reducing taping time with easy to use features.
The new same glassy smooth feel as the ELITE Series, this standard taper holds up to a 500ft standard 2” tape roll with new one piece drive drum with split wheel paltes for a smoother roll. The tape runners and cable drum are hard anodized for a hard durable and corrosion resistant finish.
Features & benefits
- Critical parts: taper head, cover cap, drive dog holder, tape runners and cable drum are precision machined from billet aluminum (6061*T6) for superior strength, durability and corrosion resistance;
- All aluminum parts are anodized or finished with an exclusive chrome*look;
- Fingertip pull ring on the control tube for ease in reaching high joints.
- Smooth tube band configuration exclusive to NorthStar, which means there is no bottom band to hurt the hand;
- The plastic rollers run true and smooth because they are CNC machined from high impact Delrin;
- Extruded, one-piece bulkhead which is much stronger and more rigid, resulting in accurate drive shaft line up in the taper head, less wear, and smoother running;
- Tape runners and cable drum are hard anodized for a hard durable and corrosion-resistant finish;
- Side plates and creaser arms are constructed of stainless steel for strength;
- Stainless steel drive chains;
- Creaser chain and cutter chain are a leaf*style stainless steel chain;
- Adjustable paw roller systems let you run the tension you prefer and adjust for wear;
- Adjustable cutter spring system allows for tension adjustment and easy blade change adjustment;
- Open cutter spring system provides strength and allows for easy cleaning and lubrication;
- New split cover cap allows for easy cleaning and access to cable for quick replacement;
- Holds up to a 500 ft standard 2” tape roll;
- Cuts tape with a simple pull;
- Automatically feeds tape and mud simultaneously to reduce work time;
- 5 year warranty - "Authorised Retailer"
Applies a metered amount of joint compound to the joint tape, places the tape on the wall, and cuts the tape to length. It is used on both flats and corners equally well.