K Rend Silicone K1 Scraped Textured Renders form an attractive range of one coat applications plastered directly on to block work. They can also be used as a finish in conjunction with a K Rend Base coat.
- Silicone K1 is designed for spray machines and hand application.
- It is ideal for larger projects where the speed of the machine application can offer time saving benefits.
- Incorporates silicone technology for a fine textured finish with increased water repellency.
- Silicone K1 is applied in two passes
- This type of application is suitable for Ashlar cutting
- Silicone K1 is designed for use with most spray machines
- Add material to the feeding hopper and adjust water supply to achieve the desired consistency. Open time - approx one hour
- Add 4 - 5 litres of clean water per 25kg sack
- Do not polish
- Small areas such as quoins and window reveals may be finished smooth
- Use polythene sheeting to protect doors, windows and other features from any over spraying during application
- One coat required. A 25kg bag covers approx. 0.9 sqm at a nominal thickness of 16mm.
- To achieve a textured finish, scraping should take place when the render has set but not hardened. The exact timing of this operation will vary according to the weather conditions
- The surface is ready when a thumb impression cannot be made and when the aggregate scrapes easily from the matrix without sticking to the scraper
- Scraping should be done in a tight circular motion, and the surface brushed down with a soft brush upon completion
- All areas must be scraped at the same stage of readiness, as early scraping will result in darker shades and late scraping in lighter shades
- A uniform approach is essential to achieve an even finish
- Samples from an extensive range are provided on request, for colour indication only
- A site sample panel is recommended, to ensure the specifier is satisfied with render colour and texture
- K Rend materials are manufactured from natural products, slight shade variations may occur
We've made every effort to make the colours on screen as close as possible to the ones you'll use. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Photographs and paint swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
The site is designed to help you get a better idea of your colour scheme ideas but you should always test render before you commit to a large purchase.