Mineral TC 2 is a cement based, polymer modified render, requiring only the addition of water and 10 minutes mixing time. It will provide an attractive, low maintenance finish.
- Faster drying times at lower temperatures and high humidity
- Available in 2 textures (Mineral TC 2 & Mineral TC 4) and
- 4 standard colours - Pure White, Pearl, Wheaten, Granite
- Primarily for external render, can be used internally
- only the addition of water and 10 minutes mixing time
- A test panel to check colour and final appearance is recommended.
- It is recommended that a K Rend basecoat is applied for K Rend Mineral TC.
- Backgrounds should be clean, level and dry and free from efflorescence; it is important that the background and any basecoat used is fully dry before application of the Primer TC and Mineral TC
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass, brick & flooring.
- All guttering should be installed, prior to application of render with gutter outlet pipes deflected away from the substrate surface.
- All other trades should have their first fix works completed, prior to render application.
- Protect weather exposed surfaces.
- The temperature of the substrate and surrounding air should be a minimum of 1oC in any 24 hour cycle.
- Do not apply in conditions of strong sunshine or wind; do not apply onto damp or frozen substrates.
- Allow freshly applied render basecoats a minimum of 14 days before work commences.
- Prime walls using K Rend Primer TC, colour co-ordinated to topcoat and allow 24 hours drying time for primer before applying topcoat.
- Add 5-6 litres of clean water per 25kg sack.
- Mix thoroughly for at least 10 minutes to break down additives.
- Apply the product to the thickness of the largest grain size using a stainless steel float; allow to take up slightly. The surface is then rubbed up in a circular motion using a plastic float to create the texture.
- Complete continuous surfaces without interruption, working to a wet edge at all times.
- Drying times may be prolonged by lower temperatures and/or high humidity.
- The fresh render must be protected from rain and from drying too fast for at least 48 hours.
- Largest grain 2.0mm: coverage = approximately 2 - 2.5 kg/m2
- These figures depend on substrate and applications technique.
- K Rend Mineral TC comes in a range of 4 colours.
We've made every effort to make the colours on screen as close as possible to the ones you'll use. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Photographs and paint swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
The site is designed to help you get a better idea of your colour scheme ideas but you should always test render before you commit to a large purchase.
K Rend TC range is a non-stock product and must be ordered in. Lead time of 10-20 working days on deliveries