K Rend Silicone Masonry Paint is a paint which provides an attractive, matt, coloured finish for exterior use on masonry substrates. Providing a high-performance painted finish. It is made with a combination of silicone resin and mineral fillers to provide outstanding water repellence whilst maintaining excellent breathability and resistance to fungi and algae growth.
- Renders and mortars
- Water repellent - Silicone allows water to bead on the surface, helping to maintain a clean and durable finish
- Breathable - Excellent resistance to blistering and peeling by allowing water to evaporate from the masonry
- Environmentally friendly - Water based and low VOC
- Resistant to algae and fungi - Maintains the long-term appearance of the home or building
- A sample to check colour and final appearance is recommended.
- Surfaces should be fully cured, dry, level and free from efflorescence as well as loose or friable materials including coatings, oil, soot, lichen, algae and dust.
- All necessary repairs to the surface should be carried out before application.
- Treat existing fungal or algal growth with K Rend Algae Clean prior to coating with K Paint.
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass brick & flooring.
- Protect weather exposed surfaces during drying.
- For smooth surfaces a coverage of approx. 45–65m2 using two coats, as per the application instructions.
- For textured surfaces a coverage of approx. 30-36m2 using two coats, as per the application instructions.
- Coverage will be further reduced for very rough surfaces.
- The paint should be stirred well prior to use.
- Full elevations and adjoining panels should be coated with the same batch of paint to ensure colour consistency.
- Apply a first coat of Silicone Masonry Paint, diluted up to 10% with clean water.
- Once the first coat has fully dried, apply a second coat of Silicone Masonry Paint, undiluted.
- K Rend Masonry paint comes in a range of 20 colours.
- K Rend Masonry paint is a close match to the render colours. Please note drying times affect the colour of the scraped render on application
We've made every effort to make the colours on screen as close as possible to the ones you'll use. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Photographs and paint swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
The site is designed to help you get a better idea of your colour scheme ideas but you should always test render before you commit to a large purchase.
Stocked Silicone Masonry Paint colours are available for premium delivery (Excludes Scottish highlands and UK islands). Non-stock colours which must be ordered in have a lead time of 10-20 working days on deliveries