Security & Privacy
By using our website, our social media pages, our dedicated telephone line and any other Amaroc service, you are acknowledging that we are processing your personal information and, where necessary consenting to such practices, as outlined in this statement.
What Personal information do we collect?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process. We collect personal information about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you) when you:
(a) make or manage a order personally;
(b) register or alter details for “My Account”;
(c) sign up for our newsletter and other marketing emails (in line with Marketing below);
(d) engage with customer services (through the “Contact Us” form on our website or by calling our telephone (which may be recorded);
(e) post material to our website and / or social media page;
(f) complete customer feedback or surveys as part of an order you have received from us;
(g) raise a complaint or dispute with us or are involved in a legally recordable incident at our premises (e.g. in relation to health and safety reporting);
(h) speak to one of our sales representatives or members of our customer services;
(i) participate in competitions or promotions;
(j) and / or use our website and customer applications in any other way.
The personal information collected in the above manner may include the following about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you):
(a) full name;
(b) postal address;
(c) email address;
(d) telephone number;
(e) payment details;
(g) machine identifiers (such as IP addresses);
(h) dispute resolution information;
(i) image data;
(j) behavioural data (tags and cookies – see Cookies and Tracking section below);
(k) voice recordings; and
(l) identification information (such as company details, trade references or credit ratings (account customers only)).
Personal information provided by third parties
We may also obtain information about you from social media providers such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook or from third party websites where you have left commentary or feedback about us. We may add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide our products and services in accordance with your requirements and to ensure that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
How we use your information
We will collect personal information:
1) in order to take the necessary steps in preparation of, or to fulfill our obligations under, an order or request:
- a) Orders and payments – provide communications about orders, products and services being provided to you (and others if their personal information is provided by you);
- b) Order and account updates – send details of new, amended or cancelled orders or ‘My Account’ account details and changes – usually via email;
- d) Website service communication – provide notifications of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you (and others if their personal information is provided by you);
- e) Customer service communication – provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a Product Spec's or a response from us to an enquiry made by you;
- f) To provide assistance in completing orders or quotes – send reminder emails to continue with an order which is in your “basket” on our websites but is not paid and completed;
- g) Maintain your My Account – create a profile about you in relation to your order, to update our records, create and maintain your account.
2) with your consent:
- a) Marketing communications – create a profile about you for marketing purposes to tailor our communications to you. We may use automated processes to do this;
- b) Promotional offers – inform you about promotional offers and other products or services that may be of interest (in line with Marketing communications above);
- c) Maintain records indicating your consent to status – to ensure we accurately reflect your wishes when communicating to you;.
3) in our legitimate interest* improve our services:
- a) Market research – to contact you (and others if their personal information is provided by you) to ask about the experience using us and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement. This is not marketing communication and is separate to Marketing communications above.;
- b) Website customisation – to customise our website and its content to your particular preferences in accordance with the Cookies and Tracking section below;
- c) Customer support – monitor calls and help train staff in relation to our customer support and helpdesk function;
- d) Product and service improvement – to improve our product and services;
- e) Service analysis – to conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural This may include providing aggregate statistical information relating to customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties.
4) in our legitimate interest* to protect against fraud:
- a) Website improvement and fraud prevention – improve our websites, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- b) Security – carry out security checks when allowing you access to our services and to block fraudulent or suspected fraudulent activity.
5) in order to meet our legal obligations:
- a) Taxation – ensure we meet our tax and other regulatory obligations;
- b) Registration – ensure local jurisdiction regulations are complied with (where registration is necessary in such jurisdictions).
* any reliance on legitimate interest shall not prejudice your interest or fundamental rights and freedoms.
We may periodically send promotional material to you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting based on the profile we have created about you to the email addresses and phone numbers which you have provided.
If these are similar to products and services previously supplied by us to you, we will assume, under our legitimate interests to promote similar goods and services, that you are willing to receive this information unless you tell us otherwise. Please note that we do not want to send you information that you do not want to receive and you can opt out at any time (please see ‘The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing’ below for further information).
We will always ask your permission before sending you email marketing information (unless you have already received similar services or products from us as mentioned above). We do this by asking for your positive confirmation (e.g. by providing a tick or inserting your contact details in the relevant boxes) indicating that you wish to receive marketing and you can opt out at any time (please see ‘The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing’ below for further information). This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
We may use your information to create a profile about you in order to tailor, by automated means, our communication and marketing to you. You can object to such profiling, please see ‘The right to object to automated decision making / profiling’ below).
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes and / or to ask about your experience using the product we supply or services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement. We may contact you by email, telephone, text, social media and / or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long we will keep your personal information
We retain your information for a range of purposes which determine the period of time for which we need to keep such information. For example (list is not exclusive):
Recorded telephone conversations
7 days from the day of call received
For the purposes of marketing
3 years from the point of last contact with you, this may include use of our websites, orders over the counter/telephone or responses to communications with you
For compliance with legal obligations arising from contracts entered into with you, for example tax regulations
7 years from date of last transaction
We will remove your data from our systems at the end of the applicable data retention periods, unless we are required by current or future law to retain your personal information for a longer period.
Our approach to information security
To protect your information, Amaroc has policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have proportionate and reasonable security measures in place. To achieve this, employees, have contracts, with defined roles and responsibilities.
While we take commercially reasonable measures to ensure the safety and security of your data, due to the inherent risks with the Internet, we are unable to warranty the absolute security of your data when using our services.]
Amaroc uses a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, which means Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application, this is located outside the European Economic Area. For the purpose of ensuring our websites are operating correctly or in relation to third parties to whom we share your data. Any transfer of your data will be subject to adequate levels of protection that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request details concerning the information we hold about you, why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. In most cases you may be entitled to copies of the information we hold concerning you. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your data
You have the right to request that Amaroc stops processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing. On promotional emails we provide an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email which will unsubscribe you from that service. You can also unsubscribe by updating your profile preference center or via your My Account on our website or via our unsubscribe link. If you wish to opt out with respect to more than one email address, you must complete a separate request for each email address.
Please note it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relates to your order or customer satisfaction surveys sent as part of the order (which are not considered marketing for these purposes). This ensures that we can always contact you as a result of circumstances that may affect your order with us and in order for us to improve our services going forward.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
The right to object to automated decision making / profiling
You have the right to request that we stop profiling you in relation to our direct marketing practice. You can inform us and we will deal with your request accordingly.
The right to complain
You can make a complaint to us by contacting us via email@example.com or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
Description of cookies
These cookies give us critical information about various pages on the websites and how our users interact with them. We use this information to improve the performance of our website and the information presented to users
When you create an account with Amaroc, these cookies allow the website to remember you in order present you with information that is directly relevant to you.
Pardot, Facebook, Instagram, Google PPC
We use a number of third parties to promote Amaroc to new and existing customers. These cookies allow us to identify users sent to Amaroc site by individual third parties.
A set of cookies designed to deliver a smooth order journey for you. We use these cookies to remember selected products, anything you may have already added to the basket etc. so you do not have to enter information more than once. We also use these cookies to identify areas of improvement in the browsing experience.
How to reject and delete cookies
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
If you have any queries about this policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the details below to contact us.
Data Protection Officer
Amaroc Ltd, Unit 9 River Ray Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN2 2DT
Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.