K Rend Primer TC is a synthetic resin primer designed for use to prepare masonry substrates prior to the application of a K Rend thin coat topcoat (eg: Silicone TC)
- Low odour, ready to use primer which is quick and easy to apply.
- Primer TC should be used after the application of K Rend base coat and before Silicone Topcoat.
- Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- Available in a wide range of colours which should be coordinated to the colour of the Topcoat.
- A test panel to check colour and final appearance is recommended
- Backgrounds should be clean, level and dry and free from efflorescence
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass, brick & flooring
- Protect weather exposed surfaces
- The temperature of the substrate and surrounding air should be a minimum of 5oC
- Do not apply in conditions of strong sunshine or wind; do not apply onto damp or frozen substrates
- Allow freshly applied render basecoats a minimum of 14 days before work commences
- Apply Primer TC by brush, roller or spray and allow 24 hours drying time for primer before applying topcoat
- Complete continuous surfaces without interruption, working to a wet edge at all times
- Drying times may be prolonged by lower temperatures and/or high humidity
- The freshly primed surfaces must be protected from rain and from drying too fast
- A 15kg tub covers approx. 60 sqm - Approximately 0.25 kg / m2 depending on substrate and application technique
- K Rend Primer TC comes in a range of 19 standard colours. For Limestone White Silicone TC use white primer
We've made every effort to make the colours on screen as close as possible to the ones you'll use. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Photographs and paint swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
The site is designed to help you get a better idea of your colour scheme ideas but you should always test render before you commit to a large purchase.
We don't stock all K Rend TC Primer colours. Non-stocked colours must be ordered in. Lead time of 10-20 working days on deliveries